Behavioral Health Collaborative
Northeast Region Public-Private Behavioral Health Collaborative
A statewide meeting of the Ohio Hospital Association behavioral health workgroup in 2013 sought to create regional behavioral health collaborative organizations throughout Ohio to focus on:
- Improving care coordination for individuals with substance abuse issues or mental illnesses.
- Addressing the needs of high utilizers of the behavioral health system.
- Enhancing communication between behavioral health providers.
Separate collaborative organizations were formed throughout Ohio. The Northeast Region Public-Private Behavioral Health Collaborative includes Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Summit counties.
The leading advocate for Northeast Ohio hospitals, The Center for Health Affairs, was nominated to lead the Northeast Region collaborative because of its proven success in addressing behavioral health issues in Cuyahoga County through the Behavioral Health Round Table of Cuyahoga County. The Center immediately identified Northcoast Behavioral Healthcare System as essential to include in the co-leadership of the Northeast Region Collaborative because of their expertise in addressing behavioral health issues in the public sector. The Northeast Region Public-Private Behavioral Health Collaborative includes Northcoast Behavioral Healthcare, alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health boards from the six counties as well as private hospitals in those counties.
The Northeast Region Public-Private Behavioral Health Collaborative’s 2014-2016 initiatives include:
- Developing a comprehensive approach to address opiate abuse
- Implementing a peer support recovery model in the public and private sectors for mental health and substance abuse (e.g. similar to the Alcoholics Anonymous model in which recovered alcoholics support individuals working toward recovery.)
- Strengthening relationships with state alcohol and mental health agencies and departments
- Embracing the concept of Trauma-informed Care (TIC) across the region and all treatment environments
For more information on the Northeast Region Public-Private Behavioral Health Collaborative please contact the group’s co-facilitators:
|Pam Waite, MSN, RN-BC, MHSA
The Center for Health Affairs
Director of Healthcare Workforce and NEONI Operations
216.255.3650 • Email
|Laura Brooks, LISW
Northcoast Behavioral Healthcare System
Clinical Services Director
33.467.7131 x1125 • Email